Saturday, October 6, 2012
Saturday PM Non-Spiritual Observations
• Elder Perry is remarkable for a 90 year-old man. Not only is he current in his understanding, he wore a sweet lavender tie.
• Elder Perry's lavender tie > Elder Ballard's periwinkle tie.
• Glad I'm not a honeybee. Just sayin'.
• Still not quoted. Three more sessions to go.
• As I expected, so far there have been no "shout-outs" to BYU's offense.
• Elder Gay asked an intriguing rhetorical question: "Would you sell your soul for a nickel?" The answer, of course, is "No, but keep going..."
• Note to self: Scrap plans to quit my job and become a plate-glass temple window designer.
• Elder Whiting quoted Paul in saying that our bodies are earthly "temples." MIne could sure use some remodeling.
• A bonus for LDS Democrats: With Elder Echo Hawk serving as a General Authority, you don't have to keep referring back to President Faust.
• Gotta admit, I kinda fell asleep during Elder Anderson's talk.
• Liz Owens is older than me. She turned 52 today.
• I woke up for Elder Oaks. Way up. Hopefully the world will too.
• Remember when Captain Moroni rent his cloak and wrote the Standard of Liberty, and held it up as a standard for everyone to see? He's got nothin' on Elder Dallin Oaks. Goodness - that was one of the most important/courageous talks I have ever heard.
• Can't wait for Priesthood Session tonight, but there will be no blog post, for fear that some of you sisters would sneak a peek.