Well, I am wrapping up the post-Conference week with a few last thoughts - things that I enjoyed that had nothing to do with what was taught, but with what I got to experience. (14 items, instead of 10, because I'm an over-achiever)
1) Watching, through my tears, as the tears streamed down my EC's face, as we stood in the Conference Center and sang "Praise to the Man". Loudly.
2) The nine-year-old FOML proudly declaring himself to be "The Ticketmaster" after he was able to secure 4 tickets from passers-by, just because he was so cute.
3) Watching that same FOML take detailed notes on every talk. (More on this next April)
4) The Pepto-Bismol-colored choir dresses. I absolutely loved them. I want my EC to have one - no - several. And I want a matching suit. And platform shoes. And an afro.
5) The children's choir on Saturday afternoon, because I got to do that when I was a wee lad of 9 and 11.
6) Reading blog posts and comments about your thoughts on Conference.
7) Getting to spend time with our BYU daughter.
8) BYU-USU. "Go Aggies!" Hehehe.
9) Getting the last parking spot in a parking garage just South of the Conference Center.
10) Elder Ardern's cool Kiwi accent.
11) Attending Priesthood with my sons - which will soon become more and more of a rarity.
12) Catching a beautiful view of Autumn before it got snowed on.
13) President Monson waving at me and giving me a "thumbs up". (At least I think it was at me - I was on the balcony so it's hard to tell)
14) President Uchtdorf smiling for the camera when he name was read for the sustaining vote. This man is the coolest. (Don't believe me? Read this)
What non-doctrinal things did you enjoy? I'm guessing cinnamon rolls will top the list...