I am tormented. I began this blog with the intention of keeping in anonymous. Now I no longer know if that is what I should do. Here is a random smattering of my thought process:
1) I was concerned that I might embarrass my children. Then I remembered that it is part of my job to embarrass my children on a regular basis. It builds character.
2) When I talk about important, eternal truths, (it's not all fun and games you know) it seems to me that an "anonymous witness" just doesn't have much impact. I would like to put my name on those things. In bold print.
3) The disappointment that some of you will feel if you find out that I truly am a boring, middle-aged mormon man that isn't in your ward.
4) There is a huge well of information and stories I can draw on if I am not worried about protecting my identity.
5) If you have my real name, maybe some of you will send me Ben & Jerry's coupons to show your appreciation for the long, laborious hours I spend trying to enlighten you.
6) If all the people that know and love me find out that I have a blog, I might increase my readership by 3-4 hits a week.
7) MIndi can stop asking if I am Dieter Uchtdorf.
8) Will you guys be more or less open and honest with your comments if you know who I am?
9) I can stop explaining when I mistakenly use my MMM email account when I am at work.
So, there are some thoughts. Now I am asking your opinion. There is a survey in the upper-right hand column. Please choose one, then write a comment explaining what you think I should do, and why. I would like to know your thoughts. I figure if all ten of you vote, there should be a clear preference.
Also, if any of you have gone through this same quandary, please tell me about what you did, and how it turned out.
Thanks for your help, and for reading. I promise I will read and carefully consider every one of your comments and then proceed to do exactly what my EC tells me to do.
All my best,