I learned a long time ago, and my life experience has reinforced, that if you can't decide what to do, do nothing. After spending way too much of my time (and yours too), I have decided to continue wearing the cloak of anonymity.
I greatly appreciate your votes...kinda. For some strange reason I thought that you would provide me with a clear directive - a "mandate" if you will. But it got to the point of colossal ridiculousness that I closed it down a day early. Here's why...
Yup. 91 votes, and it ends as a tie. Who woulda thought?
I also appreciate your comments, and the apparent thought most of you put into them. There were things that I hadn't thought of, insights that were extremely helpful, and some very perceptive comments as well.
Here is my thought process regarding my decision...
1) It really isn't that important. I enjoy writing these silly posts, and really enjoy reading your comments. It is remarkable to me that so many extremely attractive and well-educated people would be interested in what I have to say. I appreciate the compliments.
2) Yes there are parts of my life that will be off-the-table. Oh well. My family will probably thank me later, and I'll save on potential therapy bills.
3) I will rely on your judgment and discretion as to the validity of my testimony. It doesn't matter if you know me or not. "Truth is truth." (Great Gordon B. Hinckley talk here)
4) My ego has been a bigger player in all of this than I would like to admit. (Crystal's narcissism comment hit home) I would like to be "known", and I would like to have more followers - and that could be easily remedied. But to what end? When I started, I felt a great sense of satisfaction that people would read me without knowing who I am. I still find that to be awesome. I am just a tiny speck in the great blogosphere, and that is OK. (A stupendous speck, but a speck nonetheless)
5) I can always change my mind. (the "un-ring the bell" comments were very helpful) That is, of course. unless the Mayan calendar is correct, then I only have a few months until the end of the world.
So, sorry to disappoint half of you. I promise you that you aren't missing that much.
Here are a couple things that I would like you to know:
1) This whole blogging thing is really fun from a social aspect. I enjoy the new friendships that I have made, and I enjoy reading your stuff and watching your struggles and successes. (It was a dark day when Cheeseboy announced that he will only be posting on Tuesdays now.)
2) If you have some compelling reason to know who I am - write me - we can talk about it. firstname.lastname@example.org (For example: My birthday and Christmas are coming up...)
3) If you know who I am, or think you have me figured out, please don't spill the beans. That's so Junior High.
4) Please let your friends and enemies know about my blog - thus assuaging my fiery ego.
5) The Church is true!